Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

PERSUATION



We have been learning to write and present our speeches. We had to persuade the audience to think our way. The Olympics was our theme.

The criteria we had to use to write and present our speech included, an introduction, delivery, content and our conclusion.


Today we learnt

1. To use powerful words

2. To use appropriate words


I think my speech was good because it had powerful words (eg. explosion, hesitated and more ). I also managed to have different sentence beginnings. I lastly think that I caught most peoples attention.


I thought my volume wasn't as good as possible. I could have spoken louder but I didn't.

My background was good, there was no problem finding it or bringing it up onto the projector.

I thought my conclusion was really brilliant. I thought it came from my heart and it was really my honest opinion. I'm sure people loved my story.

I have learnt to use metaphors in the stories that I write. It will help me succeed at my writing.
Using powerful words will help me get peoples attention. It will also help to make my story strong and powerful.
Lastly I can now use descriptive words. When it is hard to remember to use descriptive words I can think of something similar .
I can also use some humour in my story.
Don’t forget emotion. I really had fun writing all about Olympics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment